Viva Língua Viva 2022
The Organizing Committee of the II International Seminar Viva Língua Viva is pleased to announce the event’s program and inform that the deadline for submission of papers was extended until June 5th, 2022.
The theme of Viva Língua Viva II is: “LANGUAGE REVITALIZATION: Why and how to do it?” and aims to give visibility and share experiences regarding the various initiatives underway in Brazil and in the world to preserve and revitalize these languages, highlighting the importance of ensuring their survival.
The event will include conferences, round tables, conversation rounds, workshops, paper and poster sessions, cultural activities, among other activities.
Papers addressing the following sub-themes are desirable:
- Programs, projects and/or initiatives of language revitalization based on community practices: aiming to discuss initiatives of language revitalization with broad participation of members of indigenous communities;
- The interface between Language Revitalization, Documentation and Description: aiming to discuss contributions of description and/or documentation to language maintenance/revitalization;
- Revitalization and language strengthening in the school context: aiming to discuss educational actions, products or projects towards language maintenance or revitalization;
- Consequences of language loss for indigenous communities: aiming to discuss the importance of the languages of native peoples and the main damage caused to indigenous communities as a result of the disappearance or devaluation of native languages.
Abstracts should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Program and other information on the Event page Evento https://viva.abralin.org/eventos/viva-lingua-viva-22/
- Deadline for abstract submission (oral & poster presentation): 05/06/2022
- Acceptance letters: until 15/07/2022
- Deadline for registration in the event with oral/poster presentation: 15/08/2022
- Registration for workshops: 01 to 15/09/2022
- Deadline for registration of participants: 31/10/2022
- Deadline for full paper submission: 31/01/2023
Rules for abstract submission
Abstracts should be sent to email@example.com in WORD (.docx) and PDF (.pdf) with the following formatting:
TITLE: CENTRALISED, IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND BOLD
Name of the proponent (Institution)
Ethnic group (if indigenous):
Abstract: 150 to 300 words, in Times New Roman, size 12, single spaced. There may be three to five keywords. It should contain objective(s), methodology, theoretical framework and results/contributions.
Keywords: keyword 1; keyword 2; Keyword 3.
Forms of participation
- Discussion Groups
- Poster Presentation
- Oral Presentation
A registration fee will be charged for graduate students and professors/researchers from universities or research institutions.
Undergraduate students and members of indigenous communities are invited to participate for free, with or without paper submission.
Stay tuned for the next news and do not miss the chance to participate!
Viva Língua Viva II is promoted by the Brazilian Association of Linguistics (ABRALIN) and will be organized by the Federal University of Pará and the Emílio Goeldi Museum of Pará, and will be held in the city of Belém-PA.